Monday, July 05, 2004

Portugal - Greece 0 - 1

I would've laughed three weeks ago if someone said to me then that Greece would win Euro 2004. But here we are now, the day after the final and Greece are the winners. Not, in my opinion, due to an outstanding attacking play but to an excellent defense.

The first half of the final against Portugal ended without any goals, a result that must be regarded as fair. Portugal started the second half in higher speed but it was the Greeks who scored the first, and only, goal of the match. Portugal tried to equalize but lacked in concentration.

My Man of the Match: Theodoros Zagorakis.

I would have prefered another country to win, the Czechs played the best football in the tournament but a moment of bad defending decided that the Greeks should win that semi-final.